Rover Motor Model

Hello everybody,

I guess one of the motors in our rover is damaged and needs to be replaced. I couldn’t find any brand/model information on the website. Do you know what they are? The only information available, as far as I know is, this:

Motors: 4 x in-hub DC motor with 73.2:1 planetary gearbox and 12 CPR encoder

Thanks in advance!

Do you have the Pololu Motors or the Buhler .

If you have a LEO 1.6 you need a new one with this Part Number : Buehler Motors 1.61.077.414. For the Pololu you have to buy the cheap Version without Encoder - you need the Gerarbox only (20 €)

1 Like

https://docs.leorover.tech/documentation/leo-rover-wheels/motors-specification

And if you’re not sure which one you have, check if you have 4 or 5 screws mounting the torque plate (front of each wheel).
4 - Pololu
5 - Buehler

2 Likes

Nice, it looks like something brushless like Surpass 2845 might be physically compatible with your wheel system?

I’d be interested in trying your wheel system with the Rosmo ESC once we’ve tested the design

If you mean that it can be fit inside the mounting tube, guess so. But remember you’ll need a gearbox in between the motor you listed and the wheel torque plate. The Rovers tend to need a lot of torque especially when you perform zero-radius turning.
There should be some brushless motors with geeboxes of similar dimensions as Buehler, but typically they will be quite expensive.

1 Like

Yes the industrial BLDC will be pricey, there may be something from the drone world we can use though. I think an affordable BLDC & gearbox should be obtainable

Could you let me know the internal diameter of your tube & the shaft diameter/keyway that comes from your current gearbox?

Yes, these gearboxes fit, just have different mounting holes, but you can always 3dprint an adapter or sth.

You can access the 3dmodels here: Leo Rover shop - Rover Wheel v.2.0 Kit (bottom)
And measure by yourself :slight_smile:

BTW Can you tell me if you see the 3dmodel preview in English or Polish? I’m curious.

1 Like

French :slight_smile: not sure why I’m not French. Fusion360 always is in French for me though…

WebGL crashed on me, but I think it was 40mm internal diameter?

Would you be willing to sell your wheel components without a motor/gearbox if I get BLDC working?

Hah, strange.
Internal diameter is 35 mm.

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: What do you think about selling the wheel assembly without motor/gearbox/encoder?

Sure. Write to me at szymon@fictionlab.pl and I can quote you on that.

1 Like