Light keeps blinking no wifi

I have a new LEO and it worked fine. I followed the documentation and I changes the wifi name and password and restarted wifi per this Change the access point settings - Leo Rover

I did not see the wifi and could not shut it down via the interface so I pressed the power button to turn it off

When i turned it on it stays blinking and I don’t see the wifi

any suggestions?

If you don’t have any important files on the robot, then reflash the OS on the SD card.
Otherwise, please mount the root partition from the SD card on your computer (it will probably require linux) and restore the original content of the hostapd.conf file.

Before attempting to modify the Access Point settings again, make sure your robot is connected to some local network so you have a backup way of accessing it.

SSH to the robot using the ip from the local network, try to follow the steps again. If the access point is not booting up. Check the logs of the hostapd service:

journalctl -b -u hostapd

i had to take off the modem and huserion board to access the sd card. is there an easier way to remove the sd card? tweezers you recommend???

Yep, we have an internal tool that comes handy.
You can 3d-print it on your own.

Go to: [06] Leo Rover public – Google Drive → CAD files → microSD card removal tool

ok, strange the Leo Rover turns off randomly. After charging the battery for a day it wont turn on anymore.

Can you check the battery voltage after it turns off? Maybe there’s an issue with the battery.

i did, its 0.06 volts

is there anyway to power the LR directly via the husarion board power input?

Then the battery is dead. If you didn’t send us any message via email, please do that and we’ll send you a new one (I always have trouble connecting nicks from here to emails :slight_smile: ).

To power the board independently you can always just cut the battery pack off (as it’s rubbish already) and connect any 6.8-16V DC power source there (as specified here: Husarion CORE2-ROS controller - Leo Rover). Just keep in mind if you want to have nominal functionalities (driving) you need to power the Rover with 12V min. 8A source.

Ok, when you say “cut” you mean the wires or remove battery and connect directory into husarion onboard power input

Will this power the Leo Rover.

12 Volt 2A Power Adapter Supply AC to DC 2.1mm X 5.5mm Plug 12v 2 Amp Power Supply Wall Plug Extra Long 8 Foot Cord

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q2E5IXW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are two ways:

• you just open the battery box and disconnect the battery pack and then connect anything that gives you DC to the red and black wire that you’ll have in a place where the pack was previously.

• or you can connect directly to Core2-ROS using the power adapter you listed, but if you want to drive the Rover you need more than 2A (8A would be the best)

As well: we’re trying to find out what happened in your case. Could you open the battery box and check if there are no cables loose? Maybe something shortened inside and the internal BMS cut off the battery.

I connected directory to the Core2-RO board. I have a 12v 2A power supply. It runs fine until you make a turn. I assume when it makes a turn it needs more power than the 2A because it stops working. I ordered an 8A power supply to see if it works.

I checked that all the wires are secure and connected properly. I assume it is the BMS.

Yep, it seems like faulty BMS. The package for you is already waiting for pickup. On Monday it will be shipped via UPS, so you can expect new battery pack to arrive somewhere by the end of next week.

I added one extra pack, so you’ll get total of 2 packs - just in case :stuck_out_tongue:

Szymon I appreciate the extra battery, Thank you