As you should already know, we released the LeoOS a couple of months ago with the intent to replace old OS images. We updated all of out docs pages to reference the new OS and recently decided on deprecation of the old images. This means that we won’t provide any new version of the packages for the old OS.
To help you migrate to LeoOS, we prepared a list of main changes introduced in the new software:
- We moved to ROS Melodic distribution (from ROS Kinetic)
- The hostname was changed to
leo, default user to
piand the password to
- The SSID of the Access Point was changed to
XXXXis a unique identifier generated from 4 last character of Raspberry Pi’s serial number.
- An xRDP server which allows to access remote desktop is running by default. Here is a guide on how to connect to it.
- The network interfaces are now configured via netplan
- Files under
/etc/roscan be edited without root privilages
- leo_ui is now installed from apt repository.
- Overall faster boot time. Rpi does not reboot upon first start of the system to resize the filesystem.
- Unique keys for the SSH server generated upon first startup.
core2-flashertool is now located under
/usr/bindirectory, so it can be accessed just by typing
core2-flasheron the terminal, instead of providing a full path to the executable.