Grove IMU Integration Problem: Exception thrown:"base_link" passed to lookupTransform argument target_frame does not exist

Hello,

Sorry in advance because my issue may be easy to resolve, but I just can’t find the answer anywhere. I’m new with all the ROS stuff and I’m currently trying to integrate the Grove - IMU 9DOF v2.0 sensor I bought myself to our Leo Rover by doing this tutorial: Leo Rover Integrations - Grove IMU. But I’m currently blocked at the ‘Extending the URDF model’ part. When i’m trying:

rosrun tf tf_echo base_link imu

I’m getting:

Failure at 1660140332.482693806
Exception thrown:"base_link" passed to lookupTransform argument target_frame does not exist.
The current list of frames is:

I saw on a page of another Leo Rover tutorial that if I see any error when running this command it’s probably because I omitted the part about extending the URDF model when integrating the concerned sensor.

But I believe I did correctly extend the robot URDF model according to the tutorial.

Here’s my current robot.urdf.xacro file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<robot xmlns:xacro="http://www.ros.org/wiki/xacro" name="leo">

<xacro:arg name="link_prefix" default=""/>
    <xacro:include filename="$(find leo_description)/urdf/macros.xacro"/>
    <xacro:include filename="/etc/ros/urdf/laser.urdf.xacro"/>

<xacro:leo default_antenna="true"
        rockers_fixed="true"
        footprint_link="true"
        link_prefix="$(arg link_prefix)"
        joint_prefix=""/>

<link name="imu"/>

<joint name="imu_joint" type="fixed">
        <parent link="base_link"/>
        <child link="imu"/>
        <origin xyz="0.027 0 -0.07" rpy="0 0 0"/>

</joint>

</robot>

There is definetly something I probably missed, but I really can’t find what excatly.

I’m working on ubuntu 20.04(focal) and the leo firmware version is the 2.0.0.

Also I think the Leo Rover Integrations - Grove IMU tutorial hasn’t been updated for Ros Noetic version(this one is still for the Melodic version right ?)

Thanks a lot in advance for taking time to read my request :pray: :pray:

I am facing the same issue when integrating the rover with IMU and LiDAR. I am facing this issue in the newest version of LeoOS and I think it is because it is not reading the robot.urdf file in the correct location. I confirmed it by trying to visualise the LiDAR scan and the robot model didn’t appear.