IMU on Turtle (BNO055)

Like some knowledge, I experiment with a 2nd Raspberry in the Turtle Rover. The Raspberry is actually only an interim solution because it has too little power to reach my goal (3D mapping with high resolution). A good start is it all. I have a Flask web server running a bootstrap template provides. Via UV4L and Webrtc (only available with Chrome) and a video data rate of 6-8 Mbit as well as a PAN TILT mechanism and 2 Litra Torch lights (Modified and controllable via the GPIO’s). All in all a great thing.

https://learn.adafruit.com/bno055-absolute-orientation-sensor-with-raspberry-pi-and-beaglebone-black/webgl-example, gave me the introduction to IMU programming and it works wonderfully. In the same way, the GPS data (medium term) are transmitted. I changed the code a bit because I do not use WebGl. Because the data is available, they can also be easily pasted into Turtle’s control software via HTML and some CSS.

For questions, just let me know. I know that the sensor is a bit expensive, but it works great and the code is easy to understand.

Hey, as I get from the other messages, you still have issues with this sensor? Right?

No, I changed the system and there is only one Raspi in Leo. So all of this is eliminated. It is about the BME680 Enviromental Sensor - more precisely the implementation on the hSense1 port in the Husarion board. The board has the options.
Here is the forum entry:

So the sensor should be connected to the Hsense1 via I2C and read out via the Ros Node - this creates a topic that continuously publishes the sensor data. I can’t really do that - once I have the topic - I can integrate it into the WebUi. Actually a great thing - since LEO can measure a lot of data and can record values ​​of its surroundings in addition to video. If I then understand how to do it - a targeted GAS measurement is also possible (with other sensors).